PhoneWorks 2008 is an easy-to-use and
powerful telephone, voice mail answering system, and fax messaging
solution for your PC. PhoneWorks solves your messaging problems by
dramatically simplifying how you read, listen to, and manage your
daily information. Accessible remotely while you are on the road,
PhoneWorks acts as a central database that stores and manages your
e-mail, voice mail, and fax messages.
||Windows XP support
Integrates directly with Microsoft
Outlook and Outlook Express
Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
module let's you convert faxes directly into Word, Excel or text
Create fax attachments from paper
documents by using your TWAIN-compatible scanner
What's New with PhoneWorks 2008?
Windows XP Support - PhoneWorks 2008 is
fully compatible with Microsoft Windows XP and Office XP software.
Outlook and Outlook Express synchronization - Now integrated
with Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express**, PhoneWorks allows your
fax, e-mail, and voice mail messages come together in one common
"In-Box" making it a great unified messaging solution RingCentral.
PhoneWorks 2008 software is THE ONLY SOFTWARE IN ITS CATEGORY that is
able to synchronize directly with Microsoft Outlook Express! Outlook
Express comes pre-installed with every release of Windows starting
with Windows 95, and is the world's most popular Personal Information
Manager and Email client application. With PhoneWorks 2008 you can
send faxes and match messages directly to your Outlook Express
Contacts. You can also manage all your messages directly from Outlook
Express folders. It's seamless!
Optical Character Recognition (OCR) -
PhoneWorks 2008 Professional's new Optical Character
Recognition (OCR) module enables you to easily turn your faxes into
documents compatible with Microsoft Office Word, Excel and other
popular applications. Based on best-of-class FineReader Optical
Recognition engine, PhoneWorks 2008 Professional offers
unsurpassed accuracy in fax and scanned document recognition.
OCR module is ONLY available with the
Professional version of PhoneWorks.
Editor with Scanner Support (TWAIN interface) - Our unique fax
editor allows you to select one of several pre-defined cover pages.
You can annotate your faxes, design your own cover pages, import your
company's logo, and sign your fax with an electronic signature. Our
new scanner module supports most popular scanners through the
industry-standard TWAIN interface. Load up your scanner, hit the
"Scan" button on PhoneWorks 2008, and see a new scanned document added
to our gallery. Scan your own custom cover pages, use PhoneWorks 2008
to fax out materials that you only have in hardcopy.
Numerous Other Enhancements, including:
- New, sharper User Interface
- Automatic printing of incoming faxes
- Ability to print the Call Log or export it to a text file
- Ability to call back straight from the Call Log
- Ability to edit subject lines of incoming faxes
- Ability to set up Message Rules for individual mailboxes
- and many others...
Back to top
Phone Works 2008 Key Features
Easy to Use and Own
- Sets up quickly in four easy steps
- Create a sophisticated voice messaging and answering system in
- Photo-realistic telephone interface makes using PhoneWorks easy
and fun to use
- Easily send documents by dragging and dropping them onto the
- Fully supports Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express so that now
both your fax, e-mail, and voicemail messages come together in one
- Use either PhoneWorks or Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express to
manage your contact information and messages
Telephone Answering System and Speakerphone
- Speakerphone, Music on Hold, Mute, Flash, ReDial
- Quick Dial anyone using the PhoneWorks Address Book
- Complete voice mail system supports an unlimited number of voice
- Audibly tells you the name of who is calling you using Caller ID
and your address book using a computer generated voice.
- Create and play personalized greetings based on who is calling
- Automatically logs all inbound and outbound voice and fax calls
and displays detailed reports.
- Listen to your e-mails on your computer speakers or remotely by
- Reliable send/receive fax module
- Send broadcast faxes to any number of recipients
- Fax scheduling allows you to take advantage of low long distance
- Create faxes with unlimited number of file attachments
- NEW: create fax attachments from
paper documents, using our new TWAIN drivers
- Send faxes from within any Windows application (using the
included printer driver)
- Keep detailed logs and records of all you incoming and outgoing
faxes and outgoing pages.
- View, edit, and sign faxes using a fully-featured fax editor
- Use one of several predefined cover pages or simply create your
- Import graphics into your fax documents
- NEW: Extremely accurate Optical
Character Recognition (OCR) lets you convert faxes to Microsoft
Word, Excel, text or other Microsoft Office files (Professional
Notification and Forwarding
- Easy-to-customize notification and forwarding rules
- Notify your pager or call your cell phone when you received an
e-mail, fax, or voice message
- Forward your faxes to an alternate number or e-mail address
- Forward your voice messages to a cell phone or an e-mail account
- Have PhoneWorks call you on your mobile phone and read your
e-mails back to you in a computer generated voice.
- Remotely listen to new voice messages
- Remotely listen to your Microsoft Outlook or Windows Messaging
emails using text to speech
- Remotely retrieve faxes or forward them to a number you specify
- Manage mailboxes, passwords, and greetings from any phone
Unified Messaging / Contact Management
- Fully Integrated with Microsoft Outlook 97, 98, 2000, and XP
- NEW: Integrated with Microsoft
- Use either Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express or PhoneWorks 2008
to manage your messages and contacts
- Fully Integrated with Windows Messaging
- Fully MAPI compliant
- Supports Class 1, 2, & 2.0 fax standards
- Supports TAPI compliant voice modems
- Compatible with Windows 95, 98, Me, NT, 2000, and XP
- Microsoft Windows 95, 98, ME, or 2000
- Fully TAPI and ACPI compliant
Back to top
PhoneWorks 2008 System Requirements
- Pentium 200Mhz or equivalent
- 32MB RAM or more
- 100MB of free hard disk space
- SVGA Video (HiColor)
- CD-ROM drive
- Windows 95, 98, NT, Me, Windows 2000, or Windows XP
- TAPI compliant voice modem
Back to top
* Price is for Download. Have the
CD-ROM software package shipped to your door for an additional $10
plus shipping and handling. (CA residents must add sales tax).
** Microsoft Outlook or Outlook
express is not included or required to use PhoneWorks or SmartFax.